I gained 2lbs.
With that I decided we should go to the bookstore and pick up some resources to help us out on our experiment. Along with internet recipes, advice from friends and the Facebook help, we should be doing pretty good, however we’re creatures of habit. Even though the “bad” foods are out of our lives (at least this week), we’re still making poor choices when it comes to portion size and overall choice. We’re realizing that we do not know a whole lot about food. Jesse and I have been asking each other is this a starch? What’s a starch?
After breakfast we headed to the bookstore, where my new high fiber diet decided to evacuate. Not good times. After Borders we headed to Whole Foods. Picked up some Hemp Protein, which I’m looking forward to adding to my diet tomorrow. We also picked up some polenta, quinoa, and sprouted lentils. We’ve always eaten lentils and apparently they’re a staple in the vegan diet. I’m glad I like them.
I felt really good today. I started getting a headache around 10:00 tonight, but I feel really full (thanks to the cake I’m sure). I am also drinking a lot of water instead of tea, milk or juice. Soda has been gone all week which I’m guessing has something to do with the headache. The only food I really, really miss are eggs. I can see myself living this way if I add eggs to the deal. I don’t miss milk or cheese which is strange. I really don’t miss meat at all. Just eggs.
I’m looking forward to reading the vegan cookbook I picked up. It’s a real concern of mine that I’ll be a fat vegan. Holy crap, speaking of when we were in Borders, Jesse was in the cookbook isle. A bookstore employee asked if he needed help finding anything. I was in the next aisle over and could hear everything. He said yes actually I’m looking for your vegan cookbooks….pause from the employee and then around the corner they come. As soon as the book worker leaves Jesse busts up laughing. He said her face was stunned and shocked.
Headed to bed now. I’ll post about the book tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment